These little rostis are a fun and different way to integrate potatoes into a dish, or to enjoy on their own as a snack or starter. Delicate smoked salmon combines with fresh flavours and refreshing crème fraiche to delight your taste buds.
How it’s done
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water until they are just cooked. Drain and remove the moisture by patting them with kitchen paper.
- Finely grate the potatoes and the onion using a cheese grater and then mix with the flour, thyme leaves, batter and generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Make the mixture into circular cakes with your hands, and chill for a minimum of an hour in the fridge.
- Heat some butter in a pan and then fry the cakes on either side for approximately 3 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove and drain, then top with crème fraiche, smoked salmon and a squeeze of lemon juice.