Add a taste of Asia to your festive canapé menu with our sweet and salty Teriyaki glazed steak gems. Teriyaki is a cooking technique Japanese favourite that all your guests are going to love.
How it’s done
- Put the steak between two sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until it is half of its original thickness.
- Thinly slice the steak and mix with the teriyaki sauce marinade in a mixing bowl.
- Leave the steak to marinate in the teriyaki sauce for 5-10 minutes.
- Roughly dice the cucumber and mix with the chopped coriander and lime juice. Season with a little sea salt.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot, then fry the steak slices for 1½-2½ minutes for rare to medium, turning the slices halfway through.
- Pile the cucumber mixture into the lettuce leaves, then top with the seared teriyaki beef, chilli and red onion.