Treat yourself to this sweet treat drizzled in flavour. This Sticky Lemon Drizzle Cake is easily as delicious as it sounds.
How it’s done
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Line a 450g cake tin with greaseproof paper
- Lightly beat the eggs with the sugar. Then mix in the cream and the lemon zest and juice.
- Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder, and then stir in the melted butter.
- Spoon the mixture into a tin and then bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the sponge is springy to touch.
- Gently heat the syrup ingredients together in a saucepan, make several holes in the sponge with a skewer and then pour the syrup over the cake whilst it is still in the tin. Leave the cake to cool.
- When the cake has cooled remove it from the tin and carefully slice it in half lengthways, then fill the middle with the lemon curd, sandwiching the halves back together.