Yes it’s true, you can make hot chocolate in a slow cooker! Our Ultimate Hot Chocolate recipe is perfect for Bonfire night. Double the ingredients so you have a constant flow of hot chocolate the whole evening through. We made ours in the Breville Slow Cooker.
How it’s done
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder and 200ml of milk into a small bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour this into the slow cooker bowl along with the remaining milk and vanilla. With the lid on, cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the slow cooker and stir well until it melts.
- Pour in the cream, then put the lid on the slow cooker and cook for a further 30 minutes until piping hot.
- To serve, pour in glass mugs and top with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate shavings.