This recipe uses a blender jug to create a smooth sauce which requires no precooking, why not give it a try and create this new twist on a popular classic.
Makes 30 – 35 bites, perfect for a party! This recipe needs to be made 24hr beforehand.
How it’s done
- Preheat oven to 350°f 175 °c. Butter a large casserole dish.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, place the Cheddar cheese, hot milk, flour, onion, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, mustard powder, paprika and garlic powder into a blender jar. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture over macaroni. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, allow to cool completely. Refrigerate overnight.
- Collect small handfuls of the chilled mixture and form into meatball sized rounds. Place onto a tray or in mini muffin trays and freeze for approx 1 hour.
- Place the eggs, flour and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls.Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or suitable large pan to 180°c.
- Dust the Mac bites in the flour, dip into the egg, then breadcrumbs and fry
until golden brown and centre is hot, about 5 minutes. Keep warm in the oven whilst you fry the remaining bites. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.