A healthy steamed and fragrant fish recipe with a homemade paste that gives this vibrant and exciting dish an eastern twist and seductive aromas, as well as flavours galore.
How it’s done
- Put the shallot, kaffir lime leaves, cumin, fish sauce, oil, coriander stalks, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, halved chilli’s, soy sauce, lime juice and zest, and the coconut milk in a food processor or blender. This will make a fragrant curry paste.
- Cook the rice until just undercooked and then spread out in a steamer basket.
- Spread the paste over the rice and then lay your fish and prawns over the top.
- Turn on the steamer and cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked and the prawns are pink remove the steamer lid and scatter the remaining coriander over the fish.
- Steam for a further minute and then serve.