This recipe gives some old favourites a bit of twist and adds a European feel to rosemary and bread crumb crusted lamb chops with mint pesto. This will feel familiar but exciting and full of fresh flavours.
How it’s done
- Pre heat the oven to 200ºC / gas mark 6.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pan and fry the lamb chops for a few minutes on a high heat so they brown on both sides. Remove from the heat.
- Process the bread in a processor or mini chopper, or alternatively rub it between your fingers to make crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with the rosemary and a little olive oil to bind it together.
- Place the lamb in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle them with the breadcrumbs, pushing them so they stick to the meat.
- Bake the chops for 10-15 minutes until the lamb is tender and the crust is golden.
- To make the mint pesto, process all the ingredients in a processor or chopper. Add some olive oil until you get a required consistency.