These little Italian toasts are delicious with virtually anything, but we have chosen our favourite crostini recipes to share with you. Topped with sirloin steak, smoked salmon and mozarella, there is a crostini recipe for everyone – meat lovers, fish lover and veggies alike!
How it’s done
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6
- Thinly slice the ciabatta and place onto an oven tray in a single layer. Drizzle over the olive oil and bake until golden and crisp. Cool slightly and then rub each crostini with the raw garlic cloves, this gives the crostini a lovely flavour.
- For the sirloin crostini topping, season the sirloin steak with olive oil and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium. Leave to rest. In a bowl, whisk the cream and horseradish together. Thinly slice the cooked sirloin and place a slice onto a crostini, top with a dollop of the horseradish cream and garnish with a sprig of watercress.
- For the smoked salmon topping, beat the cream cheese and wasabi together in a small bowl. Spread ½ tsp onto a crostini topped with a sliver of smoked salmon and garnish with a little freshly grated lemon zest.
- For the mozzarella topping place the chopped mozzarella, red onion and tomato into a bowl. Divide the mixture between the crostini and garnish with chopped basil.