Have you ever thought of using your Breville sandwich toaster for anything other than a cheese & ham toastie? Because you can! We’ve been testing all sorts of delicious recipes in our Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, including these cakes. They’re quick and easy to make, and even easier to cook. The perfect treat without spending too much time in the kitchen.
How it’s done
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time and then using a metal spoon fold in the flour and baking powder. Add approx 1 tbsp milk and mix gently to incorporate.
- Heat up your Deep Fill sandwich toaster until the amber light is illuminated. Place a heaped dessert spoon size of cake mix in the centre of each of the bottom hot plates (you don’t need to worry about spreading the mixture as this will automatically happen once the lid is closed).
- Close the lid and cook for approx 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Remove your toastie cakes carefully whilst they are still hot, dust with icing sugar and eat warm with some fruit compote or fresh raspberries. Delicious with a scoop of ice cream.
- Alternatively allow to cool completely, split lengthways and fill with a little raspberry jam and some whipped cream.