Everyone has their favourite don’t they? Lemon and sugar. Banana and chocolate. Ham and cheese. The Breville® Crêpe Maker is for those and so much more. Use yours to indulge in our Herby Pancake Wrap.
These wraps are ideal to make if you have any leftover pancake batter mix. Just place the batter mix into a blending jug or food processor along with a handful of fresh mixed herbs, chives and parsley taste great. Blitz until smooth and flecked with green, alternatively follow the recipe below.
Filling suggestions rocket leaves, sweet corn, peppers, red onion, grated carrot, cucumber, avocado, salad leaves, cooked meats, chicken, turkey or shredded duck.
How it’s done
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and then tip in the eggs. Using an electric whisk, or by hand, mix the eggs with the flour. Then pour in the milk gradually, as you mix, until you have a smooth batter.
- Leave the batter to rest for up to an hour in the fridge, this makes the gluten (protein) relax and creates a lighter crêpe.
- Place all the batter ingredients into a food processor or blending jug and process until smooth, the mixture should be flecked with green herbs. Set aside.
- Heat your Breville® Crêpe Maker on setting 3. Wipe the plate with a little vegetable oil on kitchen paper.
- Place a ladle full of the batter mix onto the heated plate and cook gently. Thinner crepes for the wraps are ideal.
- We cooked the crepe on one side only to ensure the outer colour of our finished wrap remained without any browning. If you wish you can cook both sides as a traditional pancake. Remove the pancake and set aside to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter mix.
- Place the pancakes onto a plate, separating each one with a piece of greaseproof paper. Cover with Clingfilm and chill until required.
- Prepare your filling; this can be a combination of your favourite salad ingredients above, cooked meats or chicken.
- To assemble- carefully spread either the soft cheese or mayonnaise onto one side of the wrap, ensuring you cover the whole of the side to the edges (this helps keep the filling intact when rolling).
- Scatter over your selected filling choices. Carefully roll up.
- Cut in half, securing with a cocktail stick if necessary. Serve with some dressed salad for a creative lunch or snack.