Have you ever thought of using your Breville sandwich toaster for anything other than a cheese & ham toastie? Because you can! We’ve been testing all sorts of delicious recipes in our Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, including these cakes. They’re quick and easy to make, and even easier to cook. The perfect treat without spending too much time in the kitchen.
How it’s done
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time and then using a metal spoon fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Add the zest of 1 large lemon to the basic cake mixture and add the juice of ½ lemon.
- Heat up your Deep Fill sandwich toaster until the amber light is illuminated. Place a heaped dessert spoon size of cake mix in the centre of each of the bottom hot plates (you don’t need to worry about spreading the mixture as this will automatically happen once the lid is closed).
- Close the lid and cook for approx 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Transfer the hot cakes to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Prepare the lemon drizzle. Add the juice of 1 lemon and 60g granulated sugar to a small bowl, stir to combine.
- Spoon the drizzle over the warm cakes and allow to cool completely.