A cake in a sandwich toaster? A sandwich Cadbury’s Creme Egg Cake in a sandwich toaster? We here at Breville® haven’t gone crazy. With the Breville® Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, you can make more than just the traditional ham and cheese toastie.
One of the best things about Easter is the number of Cadburys Creme Egg on the supermarket shelves. Grab yourself a bag of Mini Creme Eggs and wow your friends with this culinary creation. It’s super simple, all as you need to do make cake mix following our simple instructions, pop into your Breville® Deep Fill Sandwich toaster for 5 minutes and you’re done!
A few things to remember when making cakes in your Breville® sandwich toaster
- Creme eggs will need to be chilled in the fridge before using them in your sandwich toaster. Chilling the chocolate eggs will help them withstand the intense heat of your sandwich toaster, otherwise they will melt or burn!
- Remember the sandwich toaster plates are extremely hot, so when you are spooning the cake mixture into the plates take care and work quickly. The cakes will begin to cook as soon as the mixture hits the plates!
- Cover the chocolate egg completely in the cake mixture to ensure the chocolate doesn’t touch the plates and burn.
- No need to spread out the cake mixture, just spoon in and close the lid. The Breville® Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster will do the rest.
How it’s done
- Place the softened butter and caster sugar into a suitable mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, cream together the mixture until it is pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, whisking well between each addition.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Heat your Breville® Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, once the green temperature ready indicator light is illuminated you’re ready to go.
- Spoon a dessert sized spoon amount of mixture into the centre of each of the 4 bottom plates of your Breville® Deep Fill and add a chocolate egg into the centre. Spoon a further tsp amount to cover the egg. Close the lid and wait approx 5 minutes.
- Open the lid of your Breville® Deep fill and check the colour of your cakes are lovely and golden.
- Carefully remove the cakes, remembering they will be hot!
- Dust with icing sugar and drizzle with chocolate sauce.